Sunday, July 5, 2020

Link to a picture of a 1913 Irvine Flats social gathering - George, Rose,and Harold must be in the photo!!


1913 IRVINE FLATS HOMESTEADER GATHERING PICTURE

Click on this link above to see the wonderful picture of the early settlers gathering at a country school (probable the Spring Valley School). The people used the Homestead Act to settle in the  Irvine Flats area of Polson, Montana. 

It is July 2020 and I did an internet search on Irvine Flats. And - there was an astounding picture. I may have seen it before - I can't remember, however, this picture is so clear and crisp. I'm going to take it to my dad and see if he can make out whether his grandfather, George, his grandmother, Rose, and his very young father is in the picture!

Update hopefully soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment